Meet Melanie, a true Canadian who works in the American fashion industry ( I personally have worked with Melanie from time to time), and is great. Her blog Une Vie Geniale is a great read for a little bit of fashion, food, travel, and the whatevers! Great tats and great posts:)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Have you ever spotted a interior and thought......"Yes, that's where I should be be".
As soon as I viwed these pics of Marie Olsson Nylanders abode, I felt as if she read my mind of what my dream house should look like and now lives in "my" space! HaHa
All jealousy aside, these pictures give me some inspiration.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Hello, today I am writing from bed and feeling like my animal self....the SLOTH! As adorable as they are, Sloths are known to be a extremely slow moving characters. After a very busy Friday and Saturday being part of Indie Wed (I will be posting pictures soon), the successful event took a toll on my body:)
Below is a little video of me in bed, so enjoy and have a great Sunday!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into chunks
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (1.25 ounce) package mild taco seasoning mix
1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
1 cup water
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
5 (12 inch) flour tortillas
3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- Place the chicken in a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken pieces are no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Shred chicken by placing two forks back to back and pulling meat apart. Set the shredded chicken aside. Meanwhile, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chili powder in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, chopped green chilies, taco seasoning, half of the bunch of chopped green onion, and water. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder; simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir 1 cup of the soup mixture into the skillet with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining soup mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the chicken filling before folding the tortillas, reserving half of the shredded cheese for topping the enchiladas. Fold tortillas over the filling and place seam-side down in the prepared pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Cover with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the reserved chopped green onions and the sliced olives on top of the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until filling is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Of Monsters and Men......Check them out. They are a Icelandic gem and should be recognised by everyone!!!!
They are small in the world of music, but if you like Mumford and Sons and maybe a little hint of Angus and Julia Stone well, give it some time, but they will be huge. If you cant already tell, I am really in love with their sound:) Enjoy
Friday, January 20, 2012
This Danish artist is my latest fun find. Looking for some inspiration for an upcoming photoshoot for 11 Eureka Boutique I stumbled upon some colorful editorial pictures and was wowed!
Signe Vilstrup is a true artist so it was no easy task choosing my favorite photos to showcase his work. There are so many to choose from and believe me they are all great! If you don't believe me check it out here for yourself and let me know if you too have become a fan.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Her blog titled after her name: keikolynn is one of my favorite reads for bold fashion ideas. One of her best features she offers is the hair and makeup tutorials which has many great ideas and new looks.
Above I posted her "Messy Bun" how to video which I love and use daily, although she has a much more stylish approach! Check her blog out.....you wont be disappointed:)
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
I must admit that I am new to the world of photoshop! I have used juvenile photo editing software in the past, but I recently decided to learn the system, and while doing so I stumbled upon RadLab (a little pricey, but I think it is worth it). This filter system links into your photoshop software but makes photo editing fun and simple. There are endless combinations and techniques you can do.
This barn photo was taken this past summer and I wanted to play around with my new program. What do you think?
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
I have already had a Lykke Li video as well as a Bon Iver video in the past, but this week a duet seemed in place.
Thinking of my up coming road trip where I will have wind in my hair, my little dog on my lap and the thoughts of walks in the great Savannah park where you can see artists, musicians, and the always interesting individuals mark their spot. Wouldn't it be great to gather some good friends together and make some great music? Its that kind of day for me:)
Thursday, January 12, 2012
I have recently become in love with Amy's blog: A is for Amperstand with her quirky pics (she is not afraid to look cute or pose silly.....ahhh....how refreshing).
Check her blog out, especially Thursdays where she shows her great thrift store finds from the week. I can always admire someone who has the gift of sorting through masses and ends up with a jewel!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
We are lovin these new vintage additions!
The top is all about our dinner plates for six. Great for party's or your every day meals.
These books are perfect for home decor. I place mine underneath lamps or to prop up a candle.
The Pyrex is something that not only looks beautiful but is very useful too!
Friday, January 6, 2012
I have recently returned from my trip to Paris where I was swimming in a sea of great shoes. One pair in particular stood out and if it wasn't for the sticker price, they would be mine. Glitter Oxfords. Yes, I am loving glitter shoes. Now I am back in my home town and am trying to think of an occasion whee these fabulous shoes will be appropriately used.
Elsie from a Beautiful Mess recently posted on how you can transform any pair into a fabulous glitter shoe! Great idea:)